Re: new bat: recomend?

>In a message dated 8/19/00 2:04:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time, kpa@wizvax.net
>writes:
>
><< ok I need to invest in a new battery for my 87, what do folks
recommend? >>

I personally recommend Diehards, but this is a topic like motor oil, where
everyne has a differing opinion.  Heat is one of the biggest killers of
batteries, or so say some of my expereinced(professional) mechanic friends.
 So if you live in a southern(hot) state I would go with something cheap ro
with a good warranty-because you may only get a couple of years out of it.
If you live in cooler climate I say spend the money for a good one.  I've
always gotten a decent amount of time out of my diehards(4-5 years).and I
live in Maine.

John