Re: new bat: recomend?

<< ok I need to invest in a new battery for my 87, what do folks reccomend? >>

If the battery tray can take it (like my '78), buy the rabbit diesel version.
 In the 22 years of owning a Scirocco, I find (in terms of conventional
batteries) that a $39, 72 month, battery from Kragen's last just as long as a
$79, 72 month, DieHard battery from Sears.  The rabbit diesel battery
(700CCA) is the same cost as the standard (500CCA) Scirocco battery.
GL.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner