Re: 2.0L conversion

Do you have a Bentley manual? If not I would HIGHLY recommend one. This is a
very good source to answer somee of these quaestions.

My personal opinion is an Audi 3A block with your stock injection, you will
have to add a KS system to the car, use an '84 GTi head, intake manifold
from your car (have it bored to match an '85 GTi throttle body this will
make mounting the throttle switches easier). Do not consider using the 1.6
head for anything except maybe a doorstop ;)

HTH

>Hey guys,
>Still trying to figure out what engine I want in my mk1 Scirocco. With the
>Audi 3A 2.0L, would I want to use the Audi head, intake manifold, and fuel
>injection or VW? If I went with the VW ABA block, I have heard that I can
>use a 1.8L head and CIS injection. My car now has the 1.6L engine in it.
>Are the heads different? Is the fuel injection system different than the
>1.8?
>Thanks,
>Todd

Chris DeLong