New 88!

This is soooo cool.  I finally have a 16V!  Big difference from my 82.
Picked it up last weekend in Kentucky and have been ripping up the roads
since.  The car has some minor problems, but nothing that affects the way it
runs, just the niggly little crud like the sunroof being f'd up and a broken
seat adjuster on the passenger side.  I do have some questions though:
  1. How hard is it to repair and adjust the sunroof?  The one on my old GTI
was a real pain in the nads, but this one looks like it might be easier
since it doesn't slide into the roof.  I need to replace at least one of the
cable assemblies and want to know if this is a DIY job...
  2. What size tire can i get away with on this thing?  Right now it has
205-40-16 BFG Euro TA's on Borbet type M's and I'm getting major tire rub in
the fender wells when I hit big bumps.  The shocks and springs
(tokiko/intrax) are 3 years old and I'm wondering if I go to a stiffer
spring/shock combo and raise the car up a little if I can keep these rims on
the car.  Any suggestions? Or am I outta luck with this fat-a** rubber?  I
want to race this thing in Solo2 and I don't want to grind off half an inch
of rubber with each pass.

I'm sure that I'll have plenty more questions later.

If anybody wants to take a look at the new ride, the previous owner has a
website up at http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Boulevard/1581/rocco.html

Don't ask what I paid for it....i got raped!...oh well, I'm happy though!

Thanks all....

Chris M.
'82 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v (yippee!!!!!!)