no more Mad Max roc, and some parts for sale, and a rant

well, the day has finally come for the departing of the
Mad Max turbo rocco.  I have decided to fully concentrate
all my efforts into the zender roc.  It turns out that it was much more
beneficial for me to part the car than to sell it complete, so it was
very sad to see it go on the flatbed.... :(

anyways, I have for sale a euro thermostatic oil filter flange for
use with an external oil cooler.  Why use a sandwich adaptor?
It is in excellent shape.  It does NOT come with the cooler or lines,
and you will need to get an early short oil filter post.
Also, I have a complete (minus the strut bearings) Bilstein Sport
and Neuspeed Sport setup.  The Bilsteins I bought new from Potter
about 8 months ago, and the Neuspeed Sport springs are less than a
year old as well.  These are in excellent condition, and saw few miles.
The Bilstein Sport struts are the complete units, not the inserts.
The euro filter flange sells at Autocrap for like $250 or something
ridiculous, and the Bilstein Sport/Neuspeed Sport was something like
$620 new.
To be fair, I am taking the best offer I get, unless they are all
unreasonable,
otherwise they will be going on ebay.

And, I feel the need to comment on this whole "rice" thing.
These threads keep coming up, and I am frankly getting really fucking
tired of them.  Everyone has their own tastes and opinions on what
looks good to them.  If they like stripes and 4 foot high wings, fuck 'em.
There's a million examples and pictures out on the net  of ugly cars
(INCLUDING VWs), and it gets pretty tiring seeing them posted here and
then having 20 people say "gawd that's ugly" or "stupid rice-boys".
I'm sure there a number of people that would call my zender roc "rice",
but I could give less of a fuck.  It looks good to me, and I turn my own
wrenches too.  And it seems to me that it's a double standard when it
comes to our own rocs.  Nobody says "hey Meze, I think those stripes
on your roc makes it rice", or "hey Potter, all those stickers on your roc
makes it rice".  It may not be pretty to you, but I don't think we need to
hear
about every ugly honduh out there.

Whatever happened to this being a Scirocco list.....?

Alex Ting with new and improved flame protection!
'90 jetta gli 2-point-oh 16v in a very nice rice red color
'86 zender z400 rice roc
'83 mad max turbo rice rocco R.I.P.
'97 ducati 748 monoposto rice rocket

Account Manager
Millennium Solutions Group, Inc.
575 Menlo Dr. #4
Rocklin, CA  95765

Phone:  888.801.2001 ext. 228 or 916.630.2001
Fax:  916.630.2000
email:  alext@nu2u.net
icq #19613213