<non rocco> Winter Beater!

List,

Just thought i would let everyone know that i just picked up a 1988 16v GLI
today to be used as my winter car to save my rocco from the mean Vermont
rust!  It is silver with half fake leather, half greay cloth REAL RECARO
interior with power adjustment, 1.8 16v etc.  It runs and drives really
good, but needs a small hole fixed in the downpipe, and probably new rotors
all around.  It also burns a little oil too :( The P/O gave me a used Euro
style downpipe with no cat attached to fix it with, but i think im gonna
just weld it up.  It handels almost as good as the rocco with its new but
stock shocks and struts, but hits bumps a little nicer!  It came with a
spare 16v engine that is fairly stripped, but it does have a 1.8 head!  So
this means that if anyone is interested in my '84 GLI it will be up for
sale!  I Have a scanner coming so i will be able to scan in lots of pics to
update my websight soon!  So keep checking, i will post to the list when i
get it all updated! Oh yeah, i only payed $450 for the GLI!!!!!!!!   Hella
good deal if ya ask me!  Now if i can find an MK! S i have a perfict donor
car!

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'87 Scirocco 16v
'88 Jetta GLI 16v (the new winter beater!)
'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin a new life)
'84 Rabbit GTI RIP
'84 Jetta GLI (Now dubbed the POS!)
'84 Jetta GLI (parts car)RIP