non roc: 93 VR6 Passat

   I'm thinking of buying a 93 Passat GLX. It has 120,000mi. on the odo.
Appears to be in very good shape, has everything you could think of
including a factory in dash cass. head unit that controls the in-trunk cd
changer. What I'm wondering is, what should I look for, or beware of? Is
this the first production year for the VR6? The car also has a 4spd
automatic. Is this a potential trouble area? Any advice would be greatly
appreciated. I can get the car for around $4000. e-mail off list with any
   Gerry