From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Ben Channard
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2000 9:57 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Anatomy of a fuel injector

Hello:

	Do the Bosch fuel injectors for my '81 with the 1.7L (non-air shrouded)
contain any rubber parts inside them or are they all metal?

	When injectors develop an uneven spray, is this usually due to accumulation
of gummy or tar-like deposits or to scratching or wear of the injector
nozzle or something else?

	I'm playing around with some injectors to see it I can get them to spray
evenly but I'm not having much luck.  I'll report my findings if any of my
experiments work.  Thanks, benton--------