Treffen 2K-random bullshit

Well, I'm back from treffen this weekend.  It was a decent show, a little
smaller than last year, but still not bad.  10 sciroccos in the show i
believe, which was up from last year.
Colin's pretty silver MK1(now with a big nitrous bottle) took 1st place
scirocco.
There was an absolutely beautiful Audi UrQuattro with Kinesis',  damn i
want that car!
Yea there was a bunch of A3 GTI and Jettas too, big surprise.
And Scott from Ohio with the burnout champion 1.8T Passat wagon, this time
with wife along, taking 1st place Passat.
Daun scored a set of A2 springs,
Jasin scored a gift certificate

Oh, and tonite after i got home, I came VERY close to puking the timing
belt on my 16v.
I was moving some crap out of my apartment and when i drove away it started
to make some funny noise, squeaking, and sounded like something scraping
like a water pump pulley.  Well a little later it got worse and was
starting to smell like rubber so about then i was thinking shit, more
problems to deal with when im trying to get moved out of my apartment by
tomorrow.  But then the noise went away.  I was guessing it was maybe an AC
compressor bearing or PS pump bearing but i checked it out after a min or
so and the timing belt was slightly scored in the middle along the length
of the belt.  I'm going to check the damage tomorrow but thank god in didnt
throw it.  It may be the tensioner or something may have gotten into the
timing cover, not sure yet, but it looks like its time to replace the belt
as soon as i can.
The reason i didnt do it before was the crank pulley bolt was extremely
tight and would not break loose, even with an impact wrench or a very long
breaker bar.
Anyone have any tricks for getting it loose?

time to go to bed, ive had enough for one day

Eric Person
86.5 16v