Re: Spark Plug wires?

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000 12:07:14 -0700 (PDT) Leo Almeida
<scirvw16vleo@yahoo.com> writes:

>I had My blue igniters since '89 from Techtonics and still no sign of
>aging. money well-spent.....Leo

I bought a set of Blue Ignitors for my 82 back in 95'. I had them on the
car for about a year when I somehow NEEDED a set of Nology wires. They
say in my garage until 98' when I put them on my GLi. I just replaced
them with a set of "Secret Ignition Plug Wires". (Thanks Mannix!) The
Blue ignitors didn't want to ignite no more.

Im not too thrilled with my Nology wires. MAybe on a higher compression
motor they work, but not on a mostly stock (@9.2-1) compression 8V.

I think that the bottom line is, a plug wire is a plug wire is a plug
wire. I just put a set of stock VW plug wires on my 84 Scirocco. They
replaced a set of gaudy Autolite plug wires (and plugs that were only
finger tight. DUH!) I also updated the wires and cap to be the pin style
for better holding power. (I believe they're less likely to fall off,
EVER.)

A new set of plug wires (Pick a brand and ANY size wire) will always give
more performance/power over a set if used (pick a wire, you decide.) plug
wires. Longevity is always an issue.

I don't think it really matters which plug wire you use. How much money
do you want to throw away? Like a fancy color? There's many to choose
from.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!