Re: curious oil filter ? and coolant hose ?

scirocco16v@europe.com writes:

<< .i ended up picking up one at the VW dealership...my question is, is this
stock vw oil filter any good?...is it any better than the fram junk that's on
there now? just curious... >>

Yes, always get a VW oil filter.  They have this special spring in it for oil
bypass which I really have know Idea what it is but I know it is good and 100
times better than the fram and other generic filters. There is a write up
about oil filters on Jans VW web page here is the address
http://www-pal.usc.edu/~jan/cars.html

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html