Re: Scirocco 16v Front "Lip" Spoiler

>    All right,....I noticed some of you guys at Wateriest had Lower front
>spoilers on your cars.  I have been looking everywhere but have come  up
>empty handed.  Potterman said that he has had a few request but doesn't know
>where to find them.  Can someone shed some light here?
>Thanks,
>Chris

Yes, that's my white car with the JE Design lower lip spoiler.  It
is indeed fiberglass, and it comes in three pieces.  The bodyshop that
put it on said that it wasn't the best of a 'casting' (what's the word
for something like that made out of fiberglass?)  Anyway, it's really
not that bad at all.  It's formed to fit the GTX / 16v bodykit rather
well.  It's strong also, I've tapped it against a curb once and nothing
happened.  I suggested to the bodyshop (and they did it) to modify the
mounting a little bit and use more screws.  They used some bodykit type
glue and additional screws...it would be difficult to remove.

Rapid Parts is importing JE Design stuff now, but I got it direct
from JE Design in Germany a while before Rapid started importing
JE stuff.  I thought it would be something that no one else in the
US would have (at least for a while) then Rapid has to go and make
it easy to get. :)  At least I have a Seidl kit too...oh wait, there's
another Seidl Roc in Albany (Yo Josh!).  Well, at least they are harder
to get (Oh wait, both JT Motorsports and Stictly Foreign are importing
Seidl now too...oh well. Share and enjoy I guess!)

later!

==Brett