Re: unwanted heat

In a message dated 8/7/00 12:58:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
redbug64@hotmail.com writes:

<< It is quite anoying when
 it is raining and i have to drive in 100deg weather with the windows up and
 the heat blasting.  Anyone know what could be causing this?  Thanks! >>

Hi Jason, Yeah I know what is causing you the heat.  It is your heater valve.
 It is located in the engine bay next to the firewall sort of behind the
distributor.  The valve is old and is not closing properly.  Seems like when
it gets old there is not enough force created from the heater controls to
close the valve completely.  Since I don't use my heat in the car.  I just
closed the valve as tight as I could with my hand and the heat does not come
in.  You may want to do this temporarily, and just get a new valve when you
have the time.