Re: hi temp idiot light

jorel140@yahoo.com writes:

<< rong by the Volkswagen dealership. Many
 times I can shut the car down, start it up and the
 light stops flashing. Bad or corroded connections
 maybe? Any other ideas?

In your situation I would guess that the little sensor has gotten crudded up
or has gone bad.  Try cleaning the crud off of the sensor. I have heard It
can also be blinking because the coolant/water mixture is incorrect.  Peace

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html