Waterfest 2000 Pictures Available

I'm on the digest and I have been reading the many many requests for Waterfest
pics and videos over the past few days. So I sat down and captured a few pics on
Friday and formatted them for viewing today. Without further ado, here are the
first 75 (of 300) Waterfest 2000 pics:

http://getty.net/waterfest2000/

I do have a couple of videos captured, but they are not ready to post. If my
dual 333 MHz machine will not play them, then they are not quite ready for prime
time. It turns out that you need one hell of a 'puter to even play a 720x480 @
30 fps MPEG video! I'm cut it down to 360x240 and post them later in the week.

Jason asked: "I don't have an MPEG encoder and nobody told me where I could get
one." I use a Canopus DVRex M1
(http://www.canopuscorp.com/products/dvrexm1.php3) to capture my video directly
off of FireWire to MPEG in real time. I then edit the video in Adobe Premiere
and use it's software MPEG-4 encoder to encode the videos for posting. Let me
know if you need any help!

Jim, where are the Cincy pics?
:-)

-Marc

'74 VW Thing in near daily driver condition but unfortunately sitting
    in storage see it at http://getty.net/thing/ and http://vwthing.org
'81 VW Jetta Diesel gone to the scrap heap in December 1997 after a
    mere 179,786 miles service, man that thing sure could off road!
'84 VW Jetta GLi was SOLD in Oct 1999 with only 164,275 miles to NJ
    see a pic of the Jetta in all it's glory http://getty.net/jetta/
'87 VW SMOKING Scirocco Tornado Red 16V 183,750 miles in Philly PA
    since 7/2/99 - Before and after pics: http://getty.net/scirocco/