Re: US scirocco - in Hugary (now in Estonia)

I know a US spec Scirocco owner in Estonia too. He also speaks
Estonian. We rode with his Scirocco around Estonia some month
ago. Damn that thing is soft and slow. Now I see why you change
all those springs and shocks as soon as you buy a Scirocco in US.

It has 1.8 8v GTI engine wich gaves out only 70kW/95Hp as opposed
to European 82kW/112Hp. My Scirocco is now officially 98kW/134Hp
as I dynoed it yesterday. What the fun is to dyno your car if it costs
only 3$ for 2 runs! :)

Now I can say that installing a new full Supersprint exhaust gives you
4,5kW/6Hp. Now I need to rebuild my engine to gain the original 102kW
139Hp that should be there. I have serious valve problems in my engine
and it makes an awful noise every time I drive it, but still it works.

> I have seen a US roc in Budapest
> It was from Pittsburg and I started to talk with the driver in English.
> Some sentences later he asked me whether I speak hungarian :-)
> I invited him to the scirocco meeting. He was wondering there is such a
thing

Lauri!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
Now confirmed 134Hp under the hood! :)