Re: Compression

I'm not running that head gasket, but im running a shaved head and decked block so I'm about 9.6:1 compression. I have no problems whatsoever w/ 87 octane. I've got a euro distributor at 10-12 degrees advanced and an MSD 6A ignition.
The combustion chamber and the tops of the pistons are polished very thoroughly however, so i'm sure that helps. i dont notice a difference w/ 89 or 92 though.
HTH!

--- VeeWdriver@aol.com
> wrote:
>Is anybody running the Autotech Group A headgasket on their JH motors?  It
>should raise the compression to about 9.4:1 or so.  Any problems running high
>octane gas without a knock sensor ignition?
>

>Tom
>78 Audi Fox GTI
>79 Rocco (future 16 V)
>80 Rocco (future SOLO car)