Re: Boge Strut Tool

Chris,
Great work on the tool.
I had to make my own tool to do the same a few years ago. I have used it for
dozens of strut changes since then.
The tool I created was much more crude though but works perfectly. It
probably wont work on Koni's though :(
The one I made consisted of a 1/2" drive socket to fit the nut. I cut
notches on the outside with my grinder so that I could grab it with a set of
Vice-Grips. I would then put the socket/VG on the nut and put a allen key
into the top of the strut shaft through the hole in the socket. Simply turn
the socket/VG while holding onto the allen key.
Just another option for those "make a tool out of another tool" types like
me.
Again, nice tool Chris, great work.

Randy B
81 Cosmos Scirocco S - future project
81 Mars Scirocco S - tt 1847cc 8V
87 gold Scirocco 16V - parts for the Cosmos project

> Hi all,
>
> I just finished putting new struts on the car, haven't tried them out
> yet..but, I made a tool for tightening the nut that comes with Boge
TurboGas