From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org [mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On
Behalf Of Craig Williams
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2000 12:58 PM
To: Scirocco List
Cc: Mike Potter; Randy Block; Amy Williams
Subject: My 2008 CC 26V is running!

Hey everyone! I'm totally excited because last night, I got my newly built
2008 cc 16V motor running in my 1981 Scirocco S.

I started this project at the end of October, 1999, and for the most part,
it's done. I've already entered the ND show, and all of you going have to
come by and take a look. For now you can check out my website with an MPEG
movie of the initial fire...
http://www.jswinsurance.com/scirocco1/s1c.html

I also owe a big THANK YOU to some people that helped out so much along the
way. First, my wife. She put up with me working until all hours of the night
over and over. My hood from the car has been sitting in our family room for
at least 2 months, and she never complained. And somehow through all of my
late nights working on the Scirocco, I even got her pregnant!

Also, Randy Block helped me out with a lot of his own hours. I used his
engine hoist and and engine stand for this whole thing. He came over to my
house to work on my car so much that you might think it was his own. He
truely has the same passion for these cars as I do, and I hope to help him
out (repay him) with a similar job, soon.

Thanks to Potterman for hooking me up with all the parts I needed, especiall
the ported & polished head.

Well, I plan to put some miles on this thing so I can really wind it up,
until then...See you at the ND show!

--Craig Williams
1981 Scirocco S 2008cc 16V (Breaking in the Motor!)
1987 Jetta GLi 1.8 16V (Daily Driver)
1991 Passat Wagon 2.0 16V (For the Wife and baby to be!)