Re: circuit mending

>   is there a product out there that i can use to mend the break in my
>cluster paper? i could probably solder something that would work, but i
>was thinking more along the lines of a strip of flat wire between two
>stick pieces. peel one off, slap it down, and now your circuit is
>complete. is there such a thing or should i run to the patent office?

I recently fixed a burn on my printed circuit. I just used a sharp knife to
scrape the plastic away until the copper was showing on both sides of the
separated trace. I then stripped an end of a stranded wire about 1/2". I
then tinned the entire exposed wire and used the end that still had
insulation on it as a handle to hold while I soldered one end to the broken
trace. After I was certain that it was a good weld I then soldered the other
end to the leftover broken trace and clipped it off at the end of the
jumper. I have done this many times (not to the same car of course) and have
had no problems. Just be sure the it isnt going to short on anything while
it is in the car, in position. Maybe a sealer might help too. HTH

Oh yeah, and I'm not drunk :)

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA