Re: '88 16v for sale - 28,900 original miles

At 10:55 PM 4/26/2000 , Christopher Grossi wrote:

> >     For sale:
> >     1988 Scirocco 16v
> >     28,900 miles...
> >     Vist http://home.att.net/~vw_scirocco16v/home.htm for more info.
> >

> >I went to the web site and looked at the pics.  Car is red w/ the
> >black vinyl/cloth seats.  Looks really clean, as it should be.  The
> >guy wants $6,500 !  Ouch!  Looks like there are no performance mods on
> >it either.
> >
> >Victor
>
>         Yeah, but if I had it I would pay it. You'd have essentially a new
>Scirocco to play with.

That's what *I* thought when I bought mine with 28,813 on it 2 1/2 years
ago.  Time can cause a lot of problems-- it's not just mileage. :)

Not that I'm saying I wouldn't do it all again-- I wouldn't trade my car
for the world.  But for anyone who's interested, remember-- once you start
driving a car regularly that hasn't ever been driven regularly, all of the
things that *would* have broken over the last 12 years will break over the
next 12 months. :)  From personal experience, of course, YMMV.

FWIW, my 28,813 mile baby is maturing fast.  He's got 70,920 on it
today.  Still looks and acts like a kid, so the only complaint that you'll
hear from me is that the miles go by *way* too fast when you're enjoying it
as much as I enjoy my car.

<sniff>

Jason

1987 Scirocco 16v