Re: starter bushing

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 15:04:55 PDT "Jonas Karlsson" <jonas85k@hotmail.com>
writes:
> FWIW, my 85 had the 12pt 8mm bolts when I got it. I doubt anyone
> "upgraded"  them along the way.
>
> BTW, You should never use allen bits in triple square bolts. That's
> one of the easiest way to strip them out. Just get the set of 4. Won't
cost
> you that much, and comes with the 6mm for the driveshafts, the 8mm for
> the starter (for some of us) and the 12mm for the head bolts. Also has
> 10mm one. Along with the 6mm allen head 3/8" drive socket, these are
IMHO
> a "must have" for A1/A2 DIY VW enthusiast.
>

> Jonas
> 85 Scirocco 2.0
> For direct reply: jonas@metabolex.com
> http://www.geocities.com/scirocco2l8v

Could you do me a flavor and try the 6 mm, which is the smallest in the
set, on  your C.V. bolts?

I think you'll find that the 2nd smallest bit fits, at least that is how
it is in my Lisle set.

What brand of 12 pointed bits do you have?

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'84 Scirocco 2.0L
'83 GTI
'80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V, '86 GLi for parts