Re: starter bushing

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 17:15:48 EDT VeeWdriver@aol.com writes:
> I've got the 12pt bolts on my 86 Rocco 8V.  The regular 8mm allen
> fits, though...
>

> Tom

Is it all chewed up? Usually they will hammer in an 8 mm allen, which
will make it difficult to use the 12 point tool on it.

The sizing is confusing...
I used to think that the C.V. joint bolts were 6 mm 12 point, but they
are 8 mm 12 point.
In my Lisle set of 4, 12 point, 1/2" hex drive bits, it includes 6 mm, 8
mm, 10 mm, and 12 mm, the 8 mm fits the C.V.'s, the 10 mm the 12 point
starter bolts, and the 12 mm 12 point fits the head bolts.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'84 Scirocco 2.0L
'83 GTI
'80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V, '86 GLi for parts