More timing belt discussion

I know this tread is over but I would just like to add something.  Even
though you are driving an interference engine you can get away with 0 damage
if your belt breaks at the right spot.

A few days ago I borrowed ma's accord to give my car a break.  50 MPH the car
starts slowing down, I give it gas and nothing, didn't even realize the
engine cut off.  So I pulled over and attempted to start it and the starter
spun very fast like there was no compression. first thing to come to mind was
the timing belt, so I did not try to start again.

Mech. said we were sooooo lucky, the belt broke at the exact and ONLY spot
where all the valves are in a spot where no piston contact will occur. So It
can be done. My dad said he changed the belt 30 grand ago and was surprised
it broke.

Rocco content = I have 40 grand on my belt, but guess what I will be changing
next week.  later all

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html