Re: 16v tranny to MK1...

--- Ben Rogowski <bgr13@mn.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm putting a 16V in my MK1, and I want to use a 4K tranny because of
> the
> lower final drive ratio.  an AGB is a 3.67 ring and pinion, where as the
> 4K
> is a 3.94.  I have a perfectly good AGB that I'm going to trade to my
> mechanic for rebuilding my 4K with a Velocity kit and 100mm flanges.
> Andy,
> don't you have a 4.25 ring and pinion?  What kind of rpm's do you turn
> at
> highway speeds?
>
> What transmission do you have in your car now Ben?

 My '81 now has a "FF" (long ratio) gearbox.  I have a spare AGB and was
just thinking about putting it in to see how I like it in the MK1...
Can I keep my old axles (90mm) and just swap the 90mm flanges onto the
AGB trans?
Also, what clutch & disk would be recommended in this case?
(a 1.8 JH mated to a AGB trans...)

Thanks

=====