BMS header question answered

Gary,
  I think you asked the question about the Bellevue
Motorsports header.  I posted to the list a nice
little write up but I never saw it.  So here goes
again.

I have a BMS header on my MK1 with a JH '84 engine and
a tt high flow cat.  Installed spring of '96.

Still going strong as far as I can tell.  I has some
exterior surface rust but no leaks or cracks.  Maybe a
coating would keep if from rusting and keep it looking
good.

It came with a oxy sensor boss welded on.  I just
filled it with a old oxy sensor as my car doesn't have
the oxy equipment.  If you have an older engin you may
need to plug the EGR valve to and readjust the idle.

Not sure about the performance gains as I don't a have
a baseling to compare to.  The guys at BMS seemed nice
and answered all of my stupid questions.

Installation was a pain with out a lift or a pit.  We
had to jack the car way up to manuver the header in.
A two piece header may be easier to install for the
shadetree machanic.  I think Brospeed makes one.

hth

Emile Draper
'80 'rocco
'79 'rocco