Gear oil, transmission! (AGB)

List,
	After dreaded SMS with my old tranny, I dropped some $$ on a rebuilt
AGB with a bolt kit. The tranny feels great, but I have a few questions
and musings. After about 1200 miles on the new tranny I drained the dino
80w 90 gear lube, and put in two quarts of mobil 1 synthetic (Which
sucks BTW... if you can't find redline though, it's better than dino).
When I put it in, it was nice and normal colored. Today when I replaced
my trashed lower speedometer cable, the end came out covered in milky
brownish/opaque color........ when it went in about 5 thousand miles ago
it was that nice gear lube color! Does this mean it is contaminated?
Could this be left over assembly paste (if there  is such a thing used
when rebuilding a trans..) from when the tranny was assembled after
being rebuilt, and it's just staining the gear oil a different color?
My old speedo cable didn't seem to seal the whole....... so if it's
contaminated that may explain why. Any suggestions and help are
appreciated, I really don't want to toast a new tranny by using shitty
contaminated fluid....... thanks!
--
Gary A. Huff scirocco86@home.com