RE: New Scirocco Owner -- Some advice if you please

Title: RE: New Scirocco Owner -- Some advice if you please
Never had any problems when I switched at 160K with all original seals...now at 216K and almost no leakage.
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org [mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Eric Parusel
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2000 8:36 AM
To: 'Joseph Oliveira'; scirocco list
Subject: RE: New Scirocco Owner -- Some advice if you please

I'm getting my mechanic to put in a couple of bottles of Redline MTL today (I'd do it myself but I'm pressed for time this week), anything I should watch out for?  I don't even want to know how long the car has gone without a tranny oil change, and I'm just a little afraid that a seal will leak, since there's no more gunk in the tranny to hold all the fluid in... :)

Does anyone else have any experience with the switch to Redline, should I keep a close eye on the ground below the tranny after the fluid is changed?

Thanks!

Eric Parusel
Stratford Internet Technologies Inc.
eparusel@stratfordinternet.com