Re: New Scirocco Owner -- Some advice if you please

> 2)  The transmission seems to have a mild grind into second gear, more of
> "feel" than a sound, when cold.  The tranny is also very slow to downshift
> into first.  The car almost has to be stopped for it to accept first gear.

You are not supposed to shift into 1st unless you are stopped, so yes, this
is normal........and the grinding in 2nd is also a fairly common thing with
VW trannys.....mine does it too....try changing the fluid.

> 3)  Under the driver seat running towrds the e-brake there is a cable with
> connector on it, but not connected.  I cannot locate it's mate.  Is this
> connector for the seat belt, e-brake, tranny or other?

This is probably the seatbelt cable.  Does the seatbelt light on your dash
light up when you don't have your belt on?

Enjoy your new roc

Casey
'84 Roc