Re: lost keys

 >now what the hell do i do?  never really pondered a situation like this..
>at least its stranded in my driveway. can anybody give me a clue on what to
>do?  my mom mentioned something about giving a vw dealership my VIN number
>and they can make me a new key... is this true?? or do i need to call a
>locksmith or something.....  any help appreciated.

you can try calling the dealer with your VIN #... at us Acura dealers we
prefer the key number but since thats not possible in your case.... it
doesnt hurt to try. if that doesn't work, call a locksmith... he can make a
key from your lock tumbler in the door without taking it out... I had this
done to my old convertible rabbit because I lost the key and couldnt find
the spare... ran me about $80 canadian though....

HTH

Marie