Non Scirocco Re: euro parts here, american parts there?

--- Doug Teulie <IDougT@email.msn.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
> Other countries look at the stuff that we put
> on our cars and call it tacky too. We call it RICE.

Well, I'm sitting here in Aviano, Italy and just back
from Rome this past weekend and I saw plenty of tacky,
or as everybody seems to call it "Rice Boy" mods. It
seems that the big goofy exhaust thing is alive and
well here too. But by far there is a much higher
percent of fine tuned beautiful cars like Alfa Romeo,
Lancia, Fiat, Masarati, and I saw one kick ass green
Lamborghini Diablo off of the Autostrada.
Oh yeah, I thought I wouldn't see any auto junk yards
but I was shocked to see them everywhere. I'm going to
try and swing by one and see what they have, they seem
to be filled to the brim with little Fiat's.

and

--- Adam wrote:
<SNIP>
> The ultimate are the Ford Cosworths (Escorts and
>Sierras).

We stopped off of the Autostrada at a rest stop and I
saw a car in the parking lot with what I thought was
the stupidest looking spoiler set up I had ever seen,
when I walked up to the car I realized it was an
Escort Cosworth. This car had a nice ground effects
package and some bizarre five spoke rims that looked
like blue alloy in the center that faded to silver on
the outer edge. I've heard these cars can haul ass,
but I didn't get to see the owner drive it off.

Jeff Lowe
Garland,Texas(Currently serving NATO in Aviano,Italy)
86' Scirocco 16V
59' Euro Spec Beetle