Re: [Scirocco] Wheel Question

16v Jason wrote:

> Um, yeah, sure...  but you don't think there's a handling advantage to
> having a wide, low-profile tire mounted on a larger rim?

Sure - as long as you don't shoot the unsprung weight all to hell in the
process by putting on some big heavy wheels, like 16"+ TSWs (arrgh) or
similar.  More unsprung weight adversely affects handling as well as
acceleration.

I have a personal policy of never going bigger than +1 on my 'dubs.  That
plus quality rubber yields a good compromise between looks, handling, and
keeping unsprung weight down.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA