The insurance thing...

I'm hoping to get some advice from those who have gone through dealing
with the insurance company after a crash.  The good news is that the
woman has insurance!  I finally found this out today.  My plans are to
get the best settlement out of my car (of course), but I also plan to
buy the car back to get the goodies and other miscellaneous parts off
it.  My reasoning is I will tell them I want to buy it back AFTER they
give me a settlement offer.  I'm thinking if I tell them I plan to buy
it back before they offer settlement, they will take in consideration
that I will getting back the parts that I have spent extra money for
(which I will add to the claim).  I do have all my receipts for the
upgrades.

Any advice is appreciated!

-Mike