Re: 79 rocco idle to high....?

You will not hurt anything, but your cam timing will not be right and you
won't get optimum performance.  You can try advancing the cam one tooth to
give you some low end torque, but you won't have much high end.  The
adjustable sprocket just lets you adjust timing in smaller increments.

Of course, if your head has been shaved enough to be an interference motor,
you need to be more concerned with damage.  I can't believe that the PO was
such a bonehead that he shaved the head and didn't put an adjustable
sprocket on!  What was he thinking?!

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Champagne Edition