Re: Pass side power window probs

>From: Richard Pizzulo <pez18@zebra.net>
>To: "scirocco-l@scirocco.org" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Pass side power window probs
>Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 23:24:36 -0500
>
>information on this.  Any ideas, on how to pinpoint the prob or of the
>problem?  If so does anyone have a used replacement part for sale?

You can check the state of the motor by giving it a 'jump-start' direct from
the battery.  A common problem is that the contacts in the power circuit get
corroded, especially the ones in the door and so resistance goes up - bad
news in a high-current circuit like that.  They don't even have to be that
bad to reduce the current enough to stop the winder working.  That's exactly
what has happened with my passenger window. If I unplug the connectors in
the door and clean up the contacts, it'll work fine for a couple of weeks
and then stop again.  I think I'll just cut the connectors off and solder
the wires.
Another thing to check is the window rubbers/guides.  If the rubber at the
top of the door is bunched-up and catching the glass or if the guides down
the side are making too much resistance then that won't help.  If you're
taking the door panel off to check the wiring, it's easy to check the guides
at the same time.

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0