Re: smooth sailing!

In a message dated 04/11/2000 1:50:55 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
ewanhopkins@hotmail.com writes:

<< What's really scary is 130 on a German autobahn and you're passed by
 something that make you feel like you're doing 30!

 >From: VeeWdriver@aol.com
 >To: Captnbr@aol.com, redbug64@hotmail.com, scirocco-L@scirocco.org
 >Subject: Re: smooth sailing!
 >Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 01:55:06 EDT
 >
 >130 in a Porsche turbo...stable as hell, but, still pretty scary... >>

This was at Phoenix International Raceway the year before the final IMSA
Prototype series.  They did the IMSA GTP's the next year and then went to the
WSC format...it was never the same since.  My buddy and I drove up in my 81
924T with the Porsche club from Tucson.  We were allowed as a group to do two
"Parade Laps".  Yeah, right, get 40+ Porsche owners on a track and lap #2 was
more like Le Mans than a parade.  Anyway, I topped out at 130MPH before
braking for the infield section and I had 911's up my tailpipe.  Made up for
it with better handling on the infield though.  I surprised some die-hard 911
guys with the 924's balance.

Tom