Re: [Scirocco] Wheel Question

> weight).  To answer your question more directly, the heavier aluminum
rims
> *should* be stronger than your steel rims, but depending on how
efficiently
> they were designed, they may not be.  They should slow you down a
little,
> though.

Ok,... I can accept the premise that, as a rule, the heavier aluminum
wheels are stronger than the steel wheels.  But I haven't been able to
break or bend a steel wheel, so I don't think I need any additional
strength.  What I'd like is something that looks good and weighs the same
(or less) than the stock steel wheels.  C'mon, Y'all.  Is everyone
running factory wheels?  Or are you all worried that you have heavy
aftermarket wheels and you don't want to admit it to the list?  (Ha!
We're all worried about what the other guy thinks!)  I want your opinions
on the different alloy wheels that you've owned.  Are there light ones
that look good or are alloys a purely cosmetic addition to a performance
car?  I know zilch about VW performance wheels, but I'm really interested
in your opinions.
-kevin in Texas