Re: Polyurethane motor mounts ..Q?

The passenger side motor mount _IS_ different on TURBO diesel A1s, not
Diesel A1s.  Of course, there weren't anywhere near as many TD A1's in the
US, so I expect they're a little less well known.

171 199 214 D	bonded rubber mounting 	74,6	T-Diesel:CY
171 199 214 G	bonded rubber mounting	74,6	EN,JH, Diesel:CR,JK
171 199 214 G   bonded rubber mounting  74,6    Air Condit.: T-Diesel:CY

There is no difference with driver's side, front or rear mounts between
gas, diesel and turbo diesels.

Drag those sources out and check 'em again.

Drew (84 Roc X 2, lots of A1 TD Jettas...)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Eric L Ellis wrote:

> breaking four, I gave up on them. Don't waste you time getting DIESEL
> mounts, they are the same as the mounts you have now. Listers that don't
> agree can cross the #'s before jumping my ass. I checked with 3 sources.

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca