Re: 81 fs on ebay

Why yes, in fact I did meet him. Very nice guy, and the mk1 is gorgeous.
If I wasn't unemployed, I would have handed him the cash for it and
driven that green 81 home right then......... coming back later to
pickup my 16v car :) It had little bits of minor surface rust here and
there. I lifted the carpet and all, not rust at all on/in the floorpan.
The rear axle mount has already been welded on that car, and there was
no rust there either. Rockers in great shape too. There were the typical
little holes at the bottom of the fenders on it, but that was about the
worst thing on the car. The motor burns a smidge of oil on startup, but
I'm sure whoever buys it won't be buying it for the 1.7l 8v motor in it
:) I drove it about 5ft or so, and it may need a clutch since the owner
had to drive it around in 3rd to move it. The interior is getting water
somehow also, but it hasn't started rotting at all yet.... but it's one
of the better mk1's i've seen. If I wasn't unemployed I would own it :)
*END OF PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT* Thanks,

				Gary Huff

P.S. If anyone in MD, or the surrounding states know of any rust free
rabbit pickup's or just a rabbit pickup shell cheap and titled.......
let me know.

jonas miller wrote:

> i met this guy actually, he talked about the car alot, he actually
> stopped drivign it cause he is lookign for a 16v, nice guy, he did say
> he did alteh work, i have not seen teh car, but can say the guy is cool
> to deal with , gary H did you meet this guy he mentioned you ?
> just mentioning this
> jonas

Gary A. Huff scirocco86@home.com
86.5 16v Scirocco "Red Rocket" (120k miles)
80 Gas Rabbit Pickup; grazing the driveway. (Needs strut tower welding
and
title, 50k original miles)