Re: Flashing water temp light

>Now the only problem(could be in my head), but as I
>drove to work it seemed like the engine was running
>hotter then usual. The water temp was just over 3/4,
>and the Oil temp was at about 118C, I swear my water
>temp never exceeded 1/2 and the Oil temp never seemed
>to go over 105C. What is the norm for a basically
>stock 16V?

Well if it usually doesnt do this then you might have a problem.

>I had no reoccurrence of the light episode on my
>return trip from work, the water temp hovered around
>2/3, and the Oil temp was the same as the morning.

How are your electrical connections on the fan switch wiring? Did the
ambient air temp change from the time you drove the car before work as to
when you drove it after work? Are you low on coolant? oil?

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag (Scirocco of course)