Re: mono wiper installed: but???

Are you sure that it is just the holes that don't line
up?  some of mine lined up fine, but I had to cut a
good sized chunk out of the plate metal and only have
some of the boltz actually bolted.  at least 2 of the
bolts should match, then you just let the others hang,
and depend on those 2 and the base of the little
spindle thingy (technical term) that goes through the
sheet metal.

Mark
84 8v

ps - it looks clean because I filed the edge I
"hacked" and painted it all a nice rust proof silver
color.  Besides, with the rain tray who will ever see
it?

--- Jason Arms <redbug64@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I also have a mono wiper setup from an '82 8v.  I
> wanted to install it in my
> '87 16v.  But when i went to put it in, i found that
> the brackets that mount
> the wiper mechanisims to the car were completely
> different!  How are you
> people putting the mono wipers in the newer
> mkII's???  I would like to put
> it in, but i don't want to HACK it in.  I am trying
> to keep all of my mods
> CLEAN looking :)....  As for the wiper position
> question, i think that there
> is a square placement nut on the motor shaft itself.
>  Maybee you are just
> dropping the wiper on in the wrong position, or
> maybee the bracketry is
> bent???  Again, i don't really know cause i havent
> studied mine enough, but
> its worth checking out i guess.  HTH
>
> Jason Arms (Essex, VT)
>
> '87 Scirocco 16v
> '64 Sunroof Beetle (livin a new life)
> '84 Rabbit GTI
> '84 Jetta GLI (the skimobile)
> '84 Jetta GLI (parts car)everything is for sale!

=====
Mark

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v