sporradic 16v idle

Hi All,

Started up my '87 1.8 stock 16v yesterday, ran good (900-1000rpm).  Took it
for a ride, and came to a stop light.  When i let the clutch out to let her
sit in nutral at the light, i noticed that it was idling at about 2000rpm!!
Then i drove it around a little while longer, and came to another stop
light, same thing, but idling normal again!  It kept switching back and
fourth like that for a while.  WTF!!  Is there an idle control valve
sticking or something?  It's nothing major, but it doesn't help when i am
showing my car off to friends and it is doing that! :)  Anywhoo, i still
have not consulted sir Bently yet, but i figued that i would check with you
all before i sat down an started reading! :P  TIA!

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'87 Scirocco 16v
'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin a new life)
'84 Rabbit GTI
'84 Jetta GLI (the skimobile)
'84 Jetta GLI (parts car)everything is for sale!