Re: Enviro. control switch

Either that or someone has replaced the bezel with one from a model that
had aircon (=4 speed fan.)  That would give you 4 numbers, but only three
speeds.

I thought that it was more common for the high speed position to work when
the others fail (because of a blown resistor pack.)

Drew (84 X 2)

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Ian Overholt wrote:

> No, this should be a 5 position switch.  Your switch has probably lost the
> high position.  Sometimes the switches totally melt.  Common problem.  Get a
> new switch from a list vendor (Virtual World or Adirondack).
>
> Ian Overholt
> '88 16v
> '78 Champagne Edition
>
> >From: Jeffrey Lowe <scirocco16v_1986@yahoo.com>
> Are these panels used for other model VW's
> >that can be selected to 4? I seem to have plenty of
> >blower power on the 3 position so I won't loose much
> >sleep over it.

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca