Re: Noise + Smell .. HELP!!

The mouse nest idea sounds about right... happy cleanup (damn that must suck)

Anyway, meself having to do change blower 3 times (once for bad motor, once
for bad resistor, once to replace previous "rigged" resistor with junkyard
resistor) oh yeah, I did this at the junkyard to, but with a tire iron so
that probably doesn't count!
(new resistor costs $110 at stealership)----ouch; 5$ at salvage

Take the under-covers off both sides of dash, start with pass side and remove
3 plenum/intake screws and vac-hoses.  This is also where the cruise computer
sits.  Get a helper to hold a wrench on the drivers side nut under the dash,
while you do it from the top;  remove other 2 screws and hope the last guy
didn't glue it down (as in my case);  pull plenum out, it comes out from the
pass side with little clearance.
Now, if you have fat hands, it is time to give up!  one screw in the way back
and a clip best removed with a crow-bar will release the motor, then you can
unclip the wireing from inside (d-side) and pull it out.... not too fun but
can be done.

Tip:  glue windows screen (vinyl) to mouth of intake plenum, this will
prevent mice/leaves/dirt/and ice from entering.  Maybe a hepa filter like the
new cars?

Hope this helps
Ben
84 8v