Re: Front Swaybar Brackets

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000 19:38:00 -0400 "Greg - DriversFound.com"
<scirocco@iglou.com> writes:

Id like to respond to your sig first. You said:

>Greg :)  (awaiting all the ignorant "Autotech sucks" replies....)
>DriversFound.com

You know, I believe you meant that in jest because so many people speak
out against Autotech. At the same time, there's a sharp stinging pain in
my back when I read it. I honestly don't know how you can say that
anybody's opinion that "Autotech sucks" is ignorant? Dude, if the
brackets have a HUGE history of breaking and people on the list inform
other people about this problem, that's not ignorance. that's a community
public service.

Additionally, if it were possible that Autotech had a good business
reputation, stood by their name brand items, had a moderate customer
service ability, I would defend them and help promote their company.

However, heh-heh, ive had dealings with them in the past and as someone
who has physically sat in their little office and been extremely
frustrated with their ability to deal with me and my petty little needs,
FUCK AUTOTECH. They are all about profit and -not- about the customer.
SELL-SELL-SELL is their motto.

They've gotten lucky enough to put their name on a few items and those
items work great. that's ok, that's how it should work in the business
world. When they put the name Autotech on a set of swaybars and then sell
them to the public (who, BTW is fully expecting to only install them once
and enjoy them for the life of the car.) and the brackets break, its
Autotech obligation to refine the product so, not just for the consumer,
but for their own reputation. Instead, they blame the consumer, "faulty
installation". WTF? No, faulty design.

I know way too many people who have experienced the broken bracket
syndrome. They deserve better treatment than what they got.

Sorry, wasn't intending on making this a sermon, just trying to get my
point across is all.

>I had the same problem when I installed my Autotech swaybar.
Frustrating,
>but we all heard it would happen before buying the swaybars. Easily
>solved for a few more $$'s...

See, that's just it, you SHOULD'NT have to spend more money to be able to
use the swaybars that you already PAID for!

I gotta say, Kevin Collins said it best in another reply.

>You get mediocre (or worse) parts at premium prices, accompanied
>by surly, pushy, uninformed service.  Screw 'em!

that's the bottom line.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi   82' Scirocco GTi   81' "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and