Re: Scirocco II Convertible - fist pictures on the web

>On the interior pic, I see a raised section along the bottom door-line.  I am
>guessing that is reinforcement for the lack of roof.  I am curious what extra
>sheetmetal has been added to keep your very, very cool cabby from bending in
>two.

yes, you are right, two strong steel bars (that are covered with carpet of course)
are running from front to rear wheel arch on each side,
then there are two beams parallel to the axles, creating a solid frame.

In spite of the car has a stiff suspension, it doesn't feel unstable at all.
It handles very good. ( I know what I talking about, I have enough Sciroccos to compare :-)
Due to the reinforcements it is about 150kg heavier than stock ( with roof )
According to the official data sheet of the car it still runs 208 km/hour
but I don't want to put it on the racetrack anyway.

> Oh yeah, what is the trunk like?

it's bigger than you might think.
I will add photos of it too.

> Seeing a car like that gives me a reason to play the state lotto more often!

good luck !! :-)

Greets
Dirk