Re: Dent Wizard

Dan,

Paintless dent removal is done with funky looking rods and 'spoons' that are
poked down door window openings or inserted into drilled tiny pencil sized holes
under fenders (which are later plugged).  The tools are just twisted and forced
against the metal until the dings disappear.

It's quite an art.  Would take a lot of practice and bucks (to get the tools) to
do it yourself.  I watched the guy do one of my dings and it was wild as the
ding just 'evaporated' under his control.

Dent Wizard's standard rate here in CA is $125 per panel, plus $25 for each
additional dent in a panel.

I got a special deal on my car, called a 'total car cleanup'.  They did seven
(out of 8 total) panels on my Scirocco 16V and took out about 20 dings for a
grand total of $500.  It took one guy about 3 hours.  Every ding was gone.
Looked fabulous.

Just last week, however, I spotted my first new ding in the driver's side rear
quarter panel.  It's very small, but still noticeable at the right viewing
angle.  I went about 2 months without any dings.  Wonder what the record is on a
daily driver.

I was totally happy with the results.  May try a friend of a friend next time
for this, to save some money.  In your case, you may wish to call some car
dealerships or bodyshops and ask for some recommendations, or just visit Dent
Wizard.

Good luck!

Jay Bichanich
86.5 Scirocco 16V Tornado Red (Original Owner)