Re: cis computer checking

"Foxx (in a box)" wrote:

>   anyone konw how to check the computer on a cis fuel injected engine to
> see what error codes it's reporting (and a list of what those codes
> are)? thanx.

I don't think the regular CIS can report error codes, i doesn't even check
for errors...

here's some engines/ECUs that do :

PG DIGIFANT I  10/90-Newer (G60)
RV DIGIFANT I  10/90-Newer (1.8 8v)
2H DIGIFANT I  10/90-Newer (1.8 8v)
9A CIS-E MOTRONIC 10/90-Newer (2.0 16v)
AAA MOTRONIC 2.9/5.9 1992-95/1996-Newer (VR6)
ABA MOTRONIC 2.9/5.9 1992-95/1996-Newer  (crossflow 2.0 8v)
ACC MONO MOTRONIC 1993-Newer (1.8 8v, Canada only, i think)
All 1998 and newer engines.

DIGIFANT II did not have on-board diagnostics.

the 95 and older ones can report the fault codes by blinking the check
engine light, the 96 and newer (OBD-2) ones need special diagnostic tools to
report the codes.

I'm trying to write my own program to read the OBD1 & OBD2 information from
the computer using a serial connection from a PC or PalmPilot. I've been
able to find all the information to implement an OBD2 scanner, but i can't
find anything about the VAG protocol used to report VW specific information
(like the dealer VAG 1551 & 1552 tools)... anyone here have friends at VWoA?

>From what I've heard, The 90-95 systems use the VAG language exclusively and
the 96+ systems use both the OBD2 and VAG protocols.

-nigel.
85 Scirocco (CIS w/ lambda)
86 Scirocco (soon to be MOTRONIC 2.9)