From: Neal Tovsen [mailto:ntovsen@piper.hamline.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 4:05 PM
To: Gary Huff
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Springs, CIS-E, Cams, and fun 16v stuff! (opinions needed)

I use H&R, and my CD player only skips over the really big bumps that I
try to avoid anyway. When I adjust the Koni's into the firm position, it
skips all the time, but if I adjust them that way, I'm not planning on
listening to the stereo anyway. ;-)

FYI, I have the OEM Febi strut bearings and bump stops from Potterman.

Neal

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Gary Huff wrote:

> List,
> 	I have everything to put on my car suspension wise, except springs.
> They will be Koni Yellow's, with all brand new OEM rubber components,
(bump
> stops, strut bearings, etc....) and I need opinions on springs. I have a
cd
> player in my scirocco so it can not be too harsh :) I was thinking H&R
> Sports. I can get a set for $230. Is that a good price? Any other
opinions?
> I want it to be stiff, but not neck breaking like my 8v car with koni's,
> neuspeed race springs, poly strut bearings, and poly strut caps.
>
> 	CIS-E sucks ass. I am getting constant 20.1ma readings of my
> Differential pressure regulator, and with the 02 sensor disconnected I am
> getting constant 10.1ma readings. Bentley says it should be constantly
> fluctuating between 1ma and 10.1ma. I am thinking its the O2 sensor. What
> else could it be? I am lost, and need help with this.
>
> 	This may be part of the CIS-E problem, but I get a backfire at high
> rpm's, and I think it may be caused by the CIS-E issues. Any help here? I
am
> lost again. As always, criticism, info, opinions, lobotomies appreciated.
> Thanks,
>
> Gary Huff
>
> 85 8v VW Scirocco R.I.P. "Klaus the rust rocket"
>
> 86 16v VW Scirocco "Cheddar, lager, and brats for me"
>
> 92 Geo Metro 3 Cylinder "Parts hauler, storage unit, winter driver"

			Neal Tovsen