From: Mark Peele [mailto:type53@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 4:22 PM
To: Gary Huff; UrGTI@aol.com; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: Shelby Dodge Lancer, oh my!

FWIW,

I have humbled many a "custom" mustang at the traffic
light with my lowly Golf GT. Like any car, many people
put stuff on their car (big wheels, coffee can
exhaust, cut springs, Neuspeed stickers, etc.) without
regard to wether or not they actually enhance
performance (in many cases these einsteins do things
that actually impair performance).

Also, FWIW, I believe the stock GLH turbo was quicker
than a stock 16V Scirocco 0-60mph.

Mark